Monday, September 25, 2006

Customer Service

Today I was impressed with three different businesses and their com

mitment to customer service. I walked into Starbucks this morning for my daily cup of coffee. (a habit that I was planning on kicking, until my wonderful fiance and his brother both gave me gift cards for my birthday, alas, it will have to be a habit I kick later!) Anyway, I was greated by my favorite barista, Roman. Now, Roman greats me every morning and calls back to me my drink before I can get it out. Today, after he poured me my venti, roomy house-blend I handed him one of my fantastic gift cards, to which he said, "oh, don't worry about it today, it's on us". This is the point where I was extremely appreciative of Starbucks' generosity, but also a bit embarassed that I am frequent enough a customer that I get free drinks. :)
I was also impressed today with Arby's who gave Liz a free salad because they initially gave her the wrong salad. Mad props Arby's I will return to your establishment!
Thirdly, I had to get my insurance for my car taken care of tonight, which is never a treat when you have to spend more money than you'd like. However, I called at roughly 10pm to a service agent by the name of Debbie. She was fantastic, a trouble-shooter, and got everything from my plan taken care of promptly. It was wonderful! I love Progressive auto-insurance, and don't think that I will ever change carriers. They have always been more than helpful, and I appreciate that. They must treat their employees well, because their employees treat their customers well. I like their service. So mad props to you Progressive. You are one of the few companies that can make me feel good about spending a good chunk of money monthly.

1 comment:

Chris said...

Yum free Starbucks!

I had Progressive for a while and they were good. I even had to make an, umm, claim and they paid out really fast and I got more money than I paid for the vehicle! Although they're more expensive now that I have State Farm I still would use them again if I need to.

Chris