Saturday, May 05, 2007

Sorry for the delay...





It has been a really busy last couple of weeks, Ryan and I took a trip to Holland to visit the family and then he had surgery yesterday to fix his broken nose. The trip to Holland was great! My mom made an incredible head-board for Ryan but unfortunately I didn't get to take it hope because we don't have room in the jeep to fit it. We're working on figuring something out though. It's AWESOME!
Ryan also had his nose fixed on Friday, and things went really well, but he's not feeling great. He says that he's not in pain, but that it's just really uncomfortable because they shoved some gauze into his nose that can't come out until Monday. The stuff in the picture above is extra gauze to catch any of the drippage. He reminds me of the guy from Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer old cartoon, you know, the snow man with the glasses and cane?
Lastly, our mourning dove friends have made their nest right outside the window. They've been faithfully and QUIETLY sitting on their eggs for the past week. I think that there was a hawk that gave them a bit of a scare a couple of weeks ago, and they haven't really moved much from the next since. It'll be cool to see the eggs hatch, but I'm not looking forward to the noise returning after that. More pictures of them to follow.

3 comments:

Bob said...

If those morning doves get one look at the bandaged Ryan, aka "caw, caw", you will never see them again.

Marni said...

Ouch! Hope he feels better soon!

Becky said...

Thanks Dad, I'll let him know! :)
Thanks Marni, he's hanging in there, but he's not feeling great today, part of the healing process I think