Sunday, August 06, 2006

church picnic 2006






Yesterday was the annual church picnic and it was a good time, as usual, minus a couple of things that always seem to bother me. 1) You show up at a large group gathering and someone always seems to have the water gun or water balloons. You make it known that your really don't want to get wet, and that no, you're not kidding. Yet, you're still hit with water balloons, or people trying to be funny and they throw a balloon next to you that hits an open chair and soaks someones purse. Nice work fellas. 2) FOOOOOOOOOOOOOD and NO self control! 3) Picnic = pick up afterwards. I really love it when people start picking up, and simultaneously a game of catch or cards or "oh I gotta go" breaks out. You're welcome, no problem, yes the picking up will happen with out you, just remember, the garbage will be desposed of on your front porch.
In all honesty, I'm just kidding. I did have a good time, and we had great weather. A lot of people were able to make it, and no one seemed to have gotten hurt or food poisoning, which is always a plus!

No comments: