Friday, June 20, 2008

Penicillin is great...

...when it's not growing on your basement baseboards! I went downstairs yesterday to do some laundry and found some green fuzzy mold. I started to freak out inside, but calmed down and decided to "bleach" the heck out of it. I read the bottle which indicated that I could leave the bleach to dry in place to kill the mold and then repeat as neccessary. I did that, in all three of our "leaky" spots, and then came down to check on it this morning. Thankfully the fuzzy green baseboard is now a sparkling white color, but I did miscalculate how wide the spray of the bottle was in the other spot and ended up bleaching the bottom stair carpet! :) I don't know how to cover that one up, but it's much better than mold growing in there. I suppose we'll just have to wait and see how things go with the basement. Ryan is supposed to call the insurance company again today about our claim, so we'll wait and see how that goes.

No comments: