Monday, March 05, 2007

Not strep throat...

Last night I told Ryan that I was hoping I had strep throat like my nephew Dugan, because I didn't want to go to work today. Well, I woke up about three times last night having difficulty swallowing, but when I did a self-administered strep test it came back negative. I was slightly disappointed because here I was with a sore throat, and no free ticket home from work. I went to look at the schedule at work, and much to my delight I saw that I was listed in the "out" column. Ryan was supposed to have surgery today, but we cancelled it, and my boss didn't put me back on the schedule. Once she got into the office I asked if I could go home and she didn't have a problem with it. I GOT THE DAY OFF WITHOUT HAVING STREP! I went home to have a chill-ax day. Instead, I slept from 10am-5pm. Hmmmmm, perhaps I actually WAS sick.
Anyway, the married life is going well. My hubby made me soup for dinner, and stopped to get himself a fish sandwich. He wouldn't let me go grocery shopping either tonight because he wanted me to get nice and rested so that I wouldn't get sicker. He's great.
Hopefully tomorrow I'll be feeling better, and that'll be nice.

1 comment:

Chris said...

Hope you feel better soon Becky.