I'm glad that we get to spring forward an hour every year. It really makes me happy to loose an hour of sleep. The only thing that consoles me is to know that this fall we'll gain that entire hour back. Woot woot. :)
In all honesty, I didn't wake up more tired than usual this morning, so that makes me happy, especially since it looks as though it'll be a busy day. Here's the run-down:
1) I woke up this morning and took a shower, by the time I got out of the shower my brother-in-law was at the apartment practicing worship with my husband.
2) Got dressed, and came out to practice with them
3) Heading out to the prayer meeting before church
4) HOPING to drop Ryan off before church (his team is on for worship this month), and head off to starbucks to get some work done. And by work I mean:
a) Assignment # 1 - Papers on Ruth, Proverbs and Esther
b) Assignment # 2 - Papers on Ezra and Nehemiah
c) Assignment # 3 - Book Report on "Church Government", which may I say the following
1. This is one of the worst grammatically written books I've EVER read
2. The use of cliches should be limited to conversational speech, and NOT professional writing. And if it is used in professional writing, it should be used SPARINGLY.
3. A book written about church government should be about church government and not the author's personal anecdotes regarding the US govnerment.
4. If you are writing a book on church government, and would like to compare it to the US government, fine. However, please actually know what you are talking about before doing so. The US is NOT a true democracy where every singular vote counts in the election of its presidents. Rather, we are a representative democracy, or a democratic republic. Hence, "and to the republic, for which it stands, one nation, under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all".
d) Assigment # 4 - a 15 page rough draft on Crossing the Jordan and the model for discipleship. (I'm actually looking forward to writing this one, but we'll see if I get to it after church today).
5) Head to church
6) Ryan is leading worship in Racine tonight, and I said that I would go, however, I don't know if I'll be able to because of all the above stated assignments.
7) Racine?
8) More homework, homework, homework.
It should be a fun and full day today, enjoying the sun, and the newly married mourning doves that have just taken residence outside out apartment window. Hmmmmm, how to get rid of those mourning doves...
Sunday, March 11, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment