It has been a long couple of weeks, but I'm glad to be back in Milwaukee for a bit without big plans for major trips coming up this weekend. Over Memorial Day weekend Ryan and I went to Michigan to visit family and catch a Tigers game. Last weekend we went to a worship leaders conference up in northern Wisconsin. Today, I decided to stay home and take the day off. I'm really tired from all of our traveling and feel like I haven't gotten basic stuff done that needs to get done. Also, I've got a couple of friends recovering in local hospitals (one because she had a baby, and the other because she has joined the ranks of ACL-reconstructees), so I'm planning on visiting them this morning. Ryan asked me to take his 10-speed that I had gotten him for his birthday, in to be fixed up. The first time we went for a ride together, we got about 2 miles from home and his tired popped. It's an old bike, so I'm going to take it into the shop to see what they can do for it. He's been riding my dad's old mountain bike in the meantime, and I think that he's ready for something a bit different. :) I also have a final for Bible College tonight, which after I present that I should have a second Bachelor's which is kind of neat. I also have a meeting at the Sleep Wellness Institute to go over the results of my sleep study last week, so that should be interesting.
Other than that, I'm planning on cleaning up the house a bit, playing some guitar and relaxing as much as I can. I've gotten so busy with "doing stuff" lately that I've gotten burned out. So I think it's time to make it a point to take some personal time in order to get refreshed.
Anyway, off for a busy day, which hopefully ends with some good relaxing.
Chris, I hope that you made it home safely!
Monday, June 04, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Gee, with all of that going on, how could you possibly be burned out? Get some good rest and have fun with your new marriage.
:)
Post a Comment