Thursday, October 25, 2007
Baby Post #4
So good news on the ultrasound! I was nervous yesterday that they were scheduling me for an ultrasound/amneocentesis because I didn't know what kind of "special ultrasound" they were talking about. I googled things for a maternal history of spina bifida, and that's what I kept finding. Well, my idea of a good time is NOT having a huge needle stuck in you while you're having an ultrasound. I've had that done before post appendix problems and I blacked out from pain. Needless (or needle-less) to say, I wasn't too thrilled about the idea. So to put my mind at ease, I called the hospital today to find out EXACTLY what I was scheduled for. Turns out, no big scary needle is in my future, well, except for maybe an epidural during labor. The "special" ultrasound was really that they were having a perinatologist come in to do the ultrasound and to read it on spot so that if there were any neural tube defects, etc he would be right on hand and be able to tell Ryan and I about it, and what needed to be done, medications, future scans, etc. It also turns out that he is apparently one of the most sought out perinatologists in the state! And also, it means that we get a 3-D ultrasound out of it! Woohoo! Today was a good day, and I'm looking forward to the ultrasound. Who'dve thought that having spina bifida could actually pay off for once?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Yay!
Post a Comment