Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Christmas is almost over

Ryan and I had a good time this year heading out to Michigan early, and then getting to spend some time with family, and friends. Saturday night was wonderful, and we made it to the Kearney family Christmas Chili party that my best friend from home's family throws every year. This year I was "welcomed" to the party by someone I'd never met before, which was a bit odd since I've been going for the past oh, 13 years oh so. :) Anyway, Ryan and I had a good time and ate lots of chili and too much chocolate.
Christmas Eve with the Johnson side of the family came a day early this year, and it went really well. I enjoyed the space this year, and being able to interact with people and have some breathing room was nice. It was also nice to know that in case of an emergency, 75 people woulnd't be consumed by the flames while 25 or so would be able to make it to safety. It was a nice time with the family and Melodie made out with some great gifts! The ride home was a bit of an adventure however, and we ended up in a ditch on the side of the highway. Luckily my Dad and husband were able to push us out, and we made it home safely.
Missy, Ryan and I went to National Treasure Book of Secrets on Monday, and we had a great time. The movie was entertaining, and we even saw a couple of our LaBarge cousins while there. Christmas Eve night we had a taco bar with the Roberts' Family, Missy, Ryan and myself. We had a good time and found out that Malorie's impersonation of both a hitchhiker and coloring is to shake and dance as much as possible during the game of Guesstures.
Christmas Day went well also. The whole family came over to my parent's house and we had brunch and presents. The food was wonderful, and watching the nieces and nephews open gifts was great. It was nice to be able to hang out for a bit before we headed back to Milwaukee, and apparently we left at just the right time. Ryan and I made it home in 3 hours and 35 minutes! I think that's a new record! We were pumped by the time we made, quickly unloaded the car, added "fluff friends" to our facebook accounts and went to bed. It was nice to be able to have some relaxing time before the week started up again.
Saturday will be the last of the Christmas celebrations for us, and I'm looking forward to it. Ryan and I decided to wait until after Christmas to start cleaning, and getting ready for Melodie's arrival, and with all of the new stuff that she got, it's time to start getting a' gettin'.

No comments: