Yesterday I offered to watch my nephew for a few hours to give my brother-in-law and sister-in-law a well deserved break. Gabe is in the Army and is finishing up his accounting degree, while Anna is a stay-at-home mom who also works part-time at a friend's flower shop. Both of them are busy and don't get much "date time". Anyway, the dropped Ari off, and he was out like a light. That was great for me since I was already tired, about an hour later the fun began and we built a race track, a ramp and a roller coaster for a matchbox car and another random rollable toy. After a good hour or so the fun ended and the REAL experiment began. Ari laid a load, and it was time to get him changed. Usually I can change a diaper without
a problem, but since I've been pregnant smells are all the more pungent and I spent the entire time changing Ari's pant by gagging and trying not to throw up! Poor kid. Anyway, Ryan came home shortly thereafter and I told him that should we have another number 2 to change that it would be all him seeing as how I didn't think that I could get through it a second time without unfortunate results. Ryan agreed, and about two hours later he followed through on his promise. My HERO! He didn't complain and took care of the dipaer without a problem! He's going to be such a good dad. I can't wait to see him with Melodie.
No comments:
Post a Comment