Sunday, March 09, 2008

Exhausted

Yesterday I got up and went to a Marquette Alumni soccer game. I didn't play, of course, but had a great time seeing past and present players/teammates and even found out that another alum is due on the same day as I am. I had to leave after the first game (it was an all day tournament that MU hosts every year - giving alumni a chance to play some real competition, which is always fun), and caught up with my in-laws at George Webb's for breakfast. Most of the family was there, including my new niece Madeline who gave me a well neede baby fix. Ryan's Uncle Phil and a couple of cousins were there as well, and we had a good time catching up and chatting. Apparently Ryan's Grandma and her sons would go to a particular George Webb's every Saturday morning for breakfast, and the tradition has continued well after she's passed away. One family member has the responsibility of making "Grandma-isms" throughout the breakfast, in honor of her memory, and it's always a good time. After breakfast, Ryan and I had a good time blobbing on the couch and taking a mini-nap. He headed off to work, and I went over to a friend's house to celebrate her new engagement with some friends. I got home around midnight, and realized how tiring the day had been. It definately wasn't a good night to loose an hour of sleep for either Ryan or me, but we did make it out of bed for church and the new-comers lunch today. It was nice to meet people, and to be as welcomed as everyone has made us feel. This church really has been a blessing, and I'm glad that we both felt comfortable there the first time we went.
This afternoon I ended up taking a four hour nap and I feel much better. Now I'm getting ready for another busy week.

No comments: