Tuesday, March 18, 2008

We got the house...and I'm exhausted!

Our offer got accepted last weekend, so we're set to move out of our apartment in a couple of months and we're ready to make our new house our home. It's been really fun going through the whole process of buying a home, but it has been exhausting! I'm really thankful that we got things taken care of before I head back to work this week, and for the most part, things have gone quick smoothly.

This weekend was also a blast. I went back home this past weekend for a baby shower (yes, I did leave BEFORE we found out about the house, but Ryan filled me in when he got the news). The shower was on Sunday, and it was fantastic. Two of my cousins also shared the shower with me, so that it was a Wedding-Baby-Baby shower. Melodie ended up making out like a bandit! The Jeep is still full of stuff that needs to be unloaded and Ryan has already made four trips.

After Ryan left for work, I hit the hay and slept for a good three hours (between housing calls, and the short-term disability people releasing me to work). I'm looking forward to getting back to work, but I think that I'm going to be taking quite a few more naps over the next few weeks until Melodie comes. It has been a blessing being home, and being able to spend as much time with Ryan as we've been able to lately, but it has also been a blessing to work for Abbott and I'm looking forward to getting back to things.

No comments: