Sunday, July 15, 2007

Beaten by the 65+ year league

Missy came to town, and we definately painted it red! Here's a breakdown of the day:
1:20am---Missy's boat arrives in Milwaukee, she calls to wake me up (I'd fallen asleep at the docks)
2:00am---we take a tour of the old houses in Milwaukee on the Lake
2:30am---we arrive home at the apartment and chat and go to bed
9:00am---rise and shine time!
9:30am---Target for some tennis balls, paper towel, gatorade and shampoo
10:00am--hit the courts! Watch out 65+ year doubles league, Missy and I are in town!
~11:30am--Dick and Steve invite us to join them in a doubles game. Missy and I gladly accept thinking that it will be a "friendly match". Couple points from the game: 1)Missy HAS played doubles tennis on a team 2) Steve, albeit he doesn't move, does have a MEAN overhand (thanks for the tennis ball tatoo on my right leg! 3) Dick and Steve are ranked 3 and 5 out of 200 players in their league 4) Yes we did lose 6 games to 0.---we're pretty amazing
~12:30--We return back to our match to finish our singles best of three set, I squeaked it out, but just barely, as Missy would say "Run! Run faster Becky, can't you run fast enough to get the ball?"
1:20pm--Return to apartment, have great difficulty getting up the stairs and plop ourselves down at the kitchen table
1:40pm--Hit the pool for a refreshing dip
2:10pm--shower, change and watch the baseball game
2:45pm--take a long walk through Marshall's, NOT BUYING ANYTHING! :) (THAT was a challenge)
4:00pm--Rent "Pride" from Blockbuster
4:15pm---hit up PF Chang's (I'd recommend the lettuce chicken appetizers)
6:30pm---Oscar's for some Milwaukee style custard, Flavour of the Day being Butterfinger Blast
7:00pm---home for the end of the Brewer's 2-1, 10th inning win over the Rockies
8:00pm---Boccee Ball, best of three, Missy beat me single handedly, even though there were FOUR guys that tried to join our game because of her!
9:00pm--"Pride"
11:00pm--BED!
4:45am---Back to the docks, last I saw the security guy was letting her into the building, so I'm assuming she got home safely!

I had such a great time with you Miss! I'm so glad that you came out for one of the most expensive games of tennis either of us will ever play. You've worn me out, but it was well worth it. I can't wait for the tennis and Bocce rematch in August...you better be training. (I'm going to hunt down Dick for some lessons, he does spend ALL of his time "on the courts")

No comments: