Thursday, July 19, 2007

long week

It's been a long week this week. I don't think that I've caught up on sleep yet from when Missy was in town this weekend, followed by a couple of baseball games, etc. On Monday I got a job offer from Abbott Labs in Illinois which I'm planning on accepting this coming Monday. Ryan interviewed at a place called Uline...also in Northern Illinois and we're waiting to hear back from them. I put my four week notice in yesterday, so if all goes as planned, my last day at the clinic will be August 17. Then it's two weeks off before starting my second real job. It could work out the same way for Ryan, so we're hoping to possible get to Holland to visit my family for longer than a day and a half, and also to go down to St. Louis to visit one of my old roommates, who should have a baby in tow by that time. It's been a long week, but it's almost over.

5 comments:

Marni said...

Congratulations on your new job! That's so exciting! Good luck to Ryan!

Becky said...

Thanks Marni, we're excited. Any news on your job front?

Marni said...

Nope, nada. I've applied to over 40 jobs now and not gotten a single call. I'm starting to get nervous and feeling like psycho-principal has (either purposely or not) made it very hard to find a job. We'll see. But congrats on yours! Will you be moving to Illinois? Where?

Becky said...

We're not planning on moving as of yet, but we could be looking into it if Ryan gets a job in Illinois as well. We'll see. Good luck on the job hunt though, we'll keep praying for you guys.

ryan young said...

Marni, I feel you in that nobody"s calling you back on jobs. It's very frusterating.