Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Dinner plans...

Every Wednesday night Ryan and I have our friends Matt and Rachel come over for dinner and a movie. The guys and girls alternate weeks for cooking, and last week the boys made us some tasty tacos. This week, however, I'm in a bit of a bind because I don't know what to make. Ryan, Matt and I started to eat low-carb on Monday, and so our food options are quite a bit more limited than they used to be. Also, it's not as easy to just get a pizza and call it good anymore. So far, I have the idea of either Chicken Salad stuffed in tomatoes or Pesto Pizza. Unfortunately, I made the Pesto Pizza for the first time on Monday. While both Ryan and I loved it, we don't want to wear out our new meal in a week. Oh what to do!? I think that I'm leaning towards the chicken salad stuffed in tomatoes, but I'm dreading the cooking time. Any other ideas out there?

In case you're interested, here's the recipe for the Pesto Pizza:

One low carb pizza crust
One 1/4 cup Pesto
One package of shredded italian cheese (substitue one cup mozarrela 1/2 cup fresh shredded parmesian if the store doesn't have any italian)
Strips of cooked chicken (we used frozen fajita strips)
Strips of cooked red pepper (we substituted fresh tomatoes)
Heat oven to 425

Cover the crust with the pesto, leaving roughly 1/4 inch of room at the edge for cooking
Add the cheese, chicken and tomato and cook for 8-12 minutes or until the cheese begins to turn a little brown. Serve and enjoy! Thanks www.atkins.com for the recipe! You make me look like a genius!

2 comments:

ryan young said...

Yea!! Pesto pizza and stuffed tomatoes were awesome babe!!!

Becky said...

Theyu were even good on day 2, I'm so glad that I finally sucked it up and made the chicken salad. It just takes FOREVER!