Since leaving Straightway VCF about a month ago, Ryan and I have been on a quest to find a new church. We tried out of a couple of different ones, and for different reasons, both of us didn't feel like we could call them "home". Finally last week we tried out a friend of mine's church, and we both really liked it. They had contemporary worship (and a lot of it spread throughout the service instead of just in one block which was both different and nice), a lot of friendly people, a lot of young couples with and without kids and a lot of ministries that we were both attracted to and could easily get involved in. The message was good, and was about building community, and that without community we can't make Jesus known. We decided to go back this week, but unfortunately Ryan had to work so I went alone. Again I was greeted by a number of people who were geniunely nice and intersted in why I/we had checked them out. I left today feeling refreshed that we may have found a church, and I'm looking forward to going back next week.

I came home after a quick stop at the grocery store and started to cook and bake. It was my mother-in-law's 50th birthday on Thursday and we're celebrating tonight with an Oscar's viewing party and birthday dinner. I was in charge of the cake and party potatoes, etc. Now, I usually dread making the party potatoes because I hate how cold the frozen hash browns make my hands. So today I had the brilliant idea of using my KitchenAid mixer to do the dirty work. Man I'm a genius! I whipped up the potatoes in no time, had them in a pan ready to go, and didn't even get my hands messy, let alone freezing! It was great. The KitchenAid also came in handy in making the cake batter. I hope that the cake turned out well, it's Robin's recipe, and I've never made it. We'll see how it goes.
Other than that I have the next hour or so to have a lazy Sunday afternoon with nothing to do but relax. I may even get a short nap in if I'm lucky!
1 comment:
Yea!!!!!!!! Party potatoes.
Post a Comment