Tuesday, February 12, 2008
The weekend
Ryan and I celebrated our first anniversary this weekend in Holland. We had a wonderful time. We got in to town late Thursday night and had a full weekend after that. Friday night we spent with the Kuipers clan and it was a lot of fun. The girls were hillarious and insisted on dressing Ryan up with "crowns and necklaces". He was a good sport about it, and it was fun to watch him play with the girls. It was also nice to see all of the rennovations that Carrie and James have done on their house. They've done an incredible job, and we both were really impressed. We spent Saturday night with Ryan's Uncle Dale. We went out to a place called 'Til midnight, which had the best steak that I've ever had. Ryan had Texas Wild Boar Chops which he said were excellent, and Dale had something something venison. Everything was excellent, and I was just as impressed with their desert as I was with the main course. On Sunday we decided to celebrate our anniversary by going out to brunch at a place called BoatWerks. I LOVED it. The decor reminded me of my Dad's family, with the restaurant situated on Lake Macatawa and artwork being from ship wrecks and Chris Craft boats. The brunch was excellent, and well worth the price. However, the trip to the restaurant made both Ryan and I glad that we got married a year ago instead of this year on the 10th. I don't think anyone would have been able to make it to the wedding with the 0 degree temperatures and the blowing snow. We almost turned around right after leaving my parent's house because of the bad weather, but I'm glad that we ventured out. My mom taught me how to make burritos on Saturday, and so we made a triple batch. Orignally all of my siblings were going to come into town for a burrito night, as well as Uncle Dale and Dave's parents who were in town watching the girls while Ceci and Dave were in Africa for the week. Unfortunately Ben and Janet had to cancel because of the weather, Carrie and James also followed suit, which ended up being a good thing because of the 50 car pile up they would've run into had they come. So we had a much smaller gathering than anticipated, but it was still nice to see everyone. Unfortunately I got a bit sick Sunday night and Monday, but I've been feeling much better since. We had a great time, and I'm thankful that we got home safely. It's been quite a year since we got married, and I think that this coming year will only hold more adventures than the previous.



Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
That was a great weekend babe. I love you mucho.
Post a Comment