Tuesday, January 16, 2007

scanning

I got home from work today, and decided to begin to scan pictures for the reception. My brother-in-law has offered to make a picture video for Ryan and myself, and so I'm trying to get the pics together on a disc for Dave. I went through the stack that I had and scanned all of them. I put them in a folder, and was just about to head off for bed when I decided it'd be nice to take a quick look-see to see how things had turned out.
Well, it turns out that the scan job was not what I had anticipated. I was looking for pictures that resembled near digital quality, and what I got was pretty poor scan quality. I checked out my settings, and then went through a few options. Finally I settled on re-scanning one of the pictures with the "optical" quality scan. I figured that this would be the best for getting the pictures to be the best quality. The only draw back? I started that first "optical scan" nearly 10 minutes ago!! Man, this is going to be a LONG process if it takes that long for each picture.
Okay, so I was going to post one of the pictures, but my computer is not liking to work right now, so I must have to save it for another time! Perhaps tomorrow. G'night ya'll

2 comments:

Emily said...

Hey Becky!

I know this is out of the blue, but you have been on my mind lately so I thought I would take a stab in the dark and google your name. I would email you, but I couldn't find your email on the blog, yes I am VERY ignorant when it comes to blogging. Anyway, congrats on the engagement and upcoming wedding! I am so happy for you! I won't waste space here catching up, but drop me an email sometime!
Love ya,
Emily Coonce (DeKock)

Emily said...

Hey Becky

Forgot to give you my email. emily.dekock@sbcglobal.net