Thursday, November 08, 2007

The giggles



Ryan and I were headed out the door last night into the chilly Milwaukee November weather, when I caught him at the door and said, "wait, let me just grab my hat". So I went into the front closet pulled out my winter stocking cap and put it on. I turned around and found my husband doing something that he doesn't often do. He was giggling! I couldn't figure out why, since it seemed perfectly logical to me to grab a winter hat. He kept giggling until I insisted that he told me why. Finally he says, "It's just freaky, that's all". me - "WHAT'S freaky?!!" Ryan - "How much you look like your dad with that hat on! It's freaky." So, later on we were in the car and talking about a recent meeting at church when I started crying (I'm pregnant, and I'm emotional). After comforting me, he goes, "on a lighter note, now I never have to wonder what it would look like to see your dad cry", which made ME giggle.

4 comments:

Bob said...

Thanksgiving weekend we get you into my snowmobile suit without Ryan knowing, and top it off with my stocking cap. He will be watching some football and you will stroll in and sit next to him with a straight face. "Thought it a little chilly in here" you will say in your deepest voice.

MelissaLB said...

becky,
what do you think about this idea for thanksgiving? I will buy the new PBS Ken Burns series "The War"- and we'll watch all 10 hours of it. What do you think?

Becky said...

ABSOLUTELY---to both ideas!

Becky said...

However, does "The War" have a Mark Twain inpersonator on it? That sort of is a Thanksgiving neccessity, don't you think?