Thursday, January 03, 2008

Happy Anniversary to me!


Three years ago today I had my spine fused. January 3rd also marked last of a laundry list of surgeries, and since then I've been healthy, active and able to do tings that I didn't think would be possible. I'm able to run, play sports and most excitedly..conceive! Melodie had her final "neccesary" ultrasound today and everything checked out great. All of her measurements are perfect, she's still a she and is as active as she's ever been. I now know that the bumping I've been feeling has actually been her legs and feet kicking me, and not her arms or little body. :) We also found out that her spine looks completely healthy, and that there appears to be NO spina bifida or malformations of the spine or neural tube. Praise the Lord! There should be no spinal fusion anniversaries for her in the future. Ryan and I are very thankful for the good report, and now are focusing on getting the extra bedroom ready for our little one. We were a bit bummed that we didn't end up with another set of 3-D pictures, but we had a different perinatologist today who seemingly had less personality than our usual one. I suppose that we'll just have to wait a couple more months to see the real deal. :)

No comments: