Thursday, January 10, 2008

Too fast and furious

Well I started work on Monday for the first time in four or five weeks. It went really well and everyone was really nice, warm and welcoming me back. It was a good feeling to feel so appreciated at work. Monday was a long day, but went well and Tuesday was also very early and very long. By the end of the day I started cramping again, but chalked it up to my body adjusting to work. At 12:30am, however, when I was cramping (not contracting, but cramping)every five minutes for several hours, I decided that perhaps my body might be doing something else. I called my doctor's office who quickly sent me to the Labor and Delivery Unit at the hospital to be evaluated for pre-term labor. Thankfully after a day full of tests and monitoring they sent me home. The ultrasound had looked fine, and the perinatologist (whom Ryan and I have actually grown fond of) checked us out and gave me instructions to be home for a week and then get rechecked by my OB about going back to work. Apparently I did too much, too fast with too much driving. So, I'm home now again for another week and figuring out how to file again for short-term medical leave. However, I'm might relieved that Melodie is okay and is a whopping pound and a half! She's getting big, and can stay put and get bigger and healthier. :) It'll be interesting to see what happens over the next 16 weeks, but it'll all be worth it. I couldn't help thinking yesterday at the hospital, that hopefully the next time I was laying and waiting in an L & D bed that it would be a few months from now, and we'd be having a beautiful girl to meet soon.

1 comment:

Marni said...

I'm glad to hear that you and Baby M are doing well. There may or may not be a cute Marni-knitted item for little M when she pops out -- tell her she needs to stay in there and give me time to finish first :)